I'm using Koken for building my new homepage and I'd like to share some ideas about features I'd like to see in the future.
1) Expand nested menu entries for other content than sets: Currently I've modified the layouts/nav.html file in Madison 2 to get a custom, hierarchical menu, but obviously this is only a workaround, because it gets overwritten with every theme update.
2) More customization options: Sometimes I'd like to modify some settings on a per-page basis, not per-template (example: I want to display the names of all photographers on my "Team"-page but hide the names in the normal gallery). Of course I could achieve this by editing the theme, but again this would be overwritten with every theme update and I don't want to merge everything back in after every update.
3) Make the "Image Watermarks" plugin more customizable: It works really great with my gallery, but I also have a public album where I'd like to disable the watermarks. Would be nice if this could be set on a per-album / per-picture basis.
4) Ability to maintain multiple blogs in one Koken installation: I'd like to have at least two independent blogs, but I can't figure out how to do this. At the moment I'm generation the link to all published essays simply with <koken:link to="essays">Blog</koken:link>. Is there a way to generate a similar list of essays which all share a specific tag/category? Maybe something like <koken:link to="essays" filter:tag="blog1">Blog 1</koken:link>...
5) Generate other types of links in "pages": At the moment you can only generate links to sets/albums or external links. I'd like to add links to specific pages or essays, too, but that doesn't some to work...
Hope that some of my ideas will make it in future versions of Koken/Madison2. Keep up the great work!
This question has received the maximum number of answers.