From searching the site, I see that this is an amazingly common error. However, I have tried the relevant fixes, and have had no luck. I am using version 2.2.4 and the Elementary theme.
Here's the history of my trials and (404) errors:
ONE WAY TO CREATE THE ERROR (I'm sure there are more ways, but one is enough)
1. View all albums
2. Click a specific sub-album
3. Click "Albums" link
4. Click the specific album again
Searched this site for info on 404 errors. The only two that seemed to apply are the ones below, along with the results:
1. Tried "clicking on the Links reset link at the bottom of the left column in Site numerous times.
Didn't change anything.
2. Tried "In the left column in Site, click “Add links”, then click “Reset links” and try adding your links again and see if that fixed the issue."
3. Thought I'd download the files from your site again to see if anything was missing, but there is only one file there.
I didn't know if it would wipe everything out, so I had to copy the database, install, then compare the files between what is there and what is in the download. Most were the same, but a few were changed from my original download about a week ago.
Still getting 404 errors.
This question has received the maximum number of answers.